Role Title: Digital Analyst
New or Existing Role? Existing
· We are seeking a Digital Analyst who will help drive the development and optimisation of “best in class” digital products within HSBC Private Bank. This individual will need to be an outstanding communicator, analytical thinker and detailed problem solver. We're looking for a candidate who will be able to support the Product team, its stakeholders and 3 rd party partners throughout the product lifecycle: from inception through to post-live optimisation.
· This individual will be responsible for working “hand-in-hand” with a Product Owner to incubate, validate and elaborate requirements. They will champion a user-centred approach to product development and support the process using valuable insight into business processes, data and systems analysis.
· We expect this individual to proactively seek answers and convey complex ideas to the project team and wider stakeholders as needed. This will require a natural curiosity as well as the ability to identify and consult with peers, colleagues and domain specialists to address the task(s) in hand.
· You will:
· Support digital product definition, elaborate requirements and establish measurement approaches for the target solution(s)
· Working with the product team and business to understand high level requirements, taking an active role in understanding core problem statements and business drivers
· Input into Business Case preparation, providing context and data to underpin assumptions
· Working with the Product Owner providing them with information to validate the initial feasibility of product ideas
· Drive and own the definition of requirements, working with the Product Owner and development teams (creative/ UX/ technology) to create user stories ready for development
· Provide sufficient detail within the high level requirements to facilitate initial estimation and sizing
· Develop and implement measurement and actionable metrics into requirements
· Provide the Product Owner with data and insight as needed to support their decision making processes
· Gather, validate and iterate regional stakeholders requirements [Business management, change] providing the necessary insight (business, data, technical) to the Product and project team where needed
· Help to develop “definitions of done”, acceptance criteria and test cases where necessary
· Reflect the legal, cross border and regulatory requirements into digital product design as required
· Support digital product production
· Working within multi-disciplinary agile teams to deliver excellent new products and/or iterations to existing products to meet user needs
· Participating in core Sprint ceremonies as needed
· Working with the Product team to ensure that the overall solution design delivers against the benefits realisation plan
· Respond, react and monitor change and transition within the product lifecycle
· Underpin the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data x
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Outstanding communication skills
· The ability to translate of complex business ideas and processes into clear- user-led requirements/ stories
· Creativity, tenacity and logical problem solving/ curiosity
· Have very strong analytical and problem solving abilities as well as an excellent attention to detail
· The ability to make clear judgements based on a range of factors e.g. commercials, risk, customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed. To do this you will need to be comfortable in identifying the data needed to justify decisions and present this accordingly
· Comfort moving seamlessly between the micro detail of requirement gathering and the strategic view of digital strategy
· A flexible and adaptive approach to selecting and using the best tool(s) for different tasks and goals
· High levels of resilience and self-motivation
· Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
· A highly collaborative approach, recognising your specialist role within a larger programme of work amongst other individuals' roles and responsibilities
· Happy to be flexible to attend conference calls with global teams as required
· Open to occasional travel as required
· Undergraduate or higher qualification
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/popups/uk-privacy-statement#/ overview x