A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant CDD Approval Manager
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant CDD Approval Manager.
· Review and provide approval on new-to-bank account opening applications for BBD portfolio-managed segment by ensuring all mass customers onboarded comply with the Group and the Bank's policy, procedures and appetites. This is achieved through ensuring any potential financial crime red flags identified in the applications are explained and addressed, conducting online searches, discussion with frontline colleagues, etc.
· Assist in managing the onboarding controls for BBD portfolio-managed segment, balancing risk management, business need as well as operational efficiency, through participating in ongoing review and discussion of onboarding procedures, documentation, staying alert and escalating any control gaps identified, and providing expert advice
· Liaise with frontline onboarding staff on the required standard and make sensible judgment to balance commercial interest without compromising risk controls
· Ensure quality business referrals to appropriate parties in Hang Seng, in strict compliance with all internal and external regulations and policies when available
· Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements
Ideal candidate profile
· University degree in Finance and Accounting, Finance, Economics, Banking, Business Management and related discipline
· Minimum 2 years of working experience in the banking industry with focus on commercial banking and good understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC) regulatory requirements on corporate customers. Portfolio management experience in commercial banking is an advantage
· High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
· Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
· Skilled decision-maker, making considered and timely decisions particularly when under pressure
· Good analytic, judgmental and decision making skills sufficient to identify and resolve problems while maintaining time scales and quality of output
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
· Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes