Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56966828_ONLE_5
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
In our research department Process Research and Chemical Engineering you will discover and develop new catalytic materials and technologies while optimizing existing heterogeneous catalysts for industrial scale-up processes.
· You will oversee the synthesis of new catalysts, construction and operation of state-of-the-art testing facilities and interpretation of experimental results.
· You will have the opportunity to guide scale-up of new catalyst formulations while collaborating with process engineers and business unit specialists to rapidly commercialize new and novel catalytic processes.
· You will also serve as the technical lead of your laboratory team.
What we expect
· You have a Ph.D. with above-average grades in chemistry or chemical engineering.
· You have expertise in technical chemistry with an in-depth understanding of heterogeneous catalysis.
· Fluency in German and English as well as familiarity with chemical software packages is considered as a plus.
· You have strong communication skills and have the ability to develop innovative solutions by working in multi-disciplinary teams.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.