We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Chemical Operator – Monaca, PA
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Chemical Operator to work in the Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit as part of our Monaca, PA manufacturing site.
You will become part of a team of operators who are responsible for meeting daily production requirements to support customer needs. You will be expected to work safely, following both verbal and written work instructions and procedures as well.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Successfully conduct routine inspections and monitor equipment such as pumps, storage tanks, instrumentation, utilities, safety equipment, tools, etc. Responsible for preparing equipment for operation, maintenance, cleaning and troubleshooting any equipment problems. Additionally, use your working knowledge of the mechanics and operations of different types of process equipment (pumps, valves, agitators, instrumentation, controls, etc.)
· Leveraging your knowledge and experience in an industrial chemical plant or Chemical Technician training as well as possible experience using Distributed Control Systems (DCS), will contribute to your success in this role.
· Your familiarity with safety practices and techniques related to the chemical industry (LOTO, confined space entry, hot work, etc) in addition to following operation procedures, site standards and policies will ensure efficient operation of the site. You will also support and participate in site ISO, OSHA PSM, RMP, and RCMS programs.
· You will effectively work indoors, outdoors, and in all conditions with the uses of ladders, while potentially lifting, pulling and operating manual process equipment. Additional, flexibility on working additional hours and/or experience with forklift operation is helpful.
· Utilizing your knowledge to transfer, monitor and control raw material and product flows in addition to handling and transferring materials for m bulk storage tanks, tote bins, drums, bags etc. to adjust and make products. Additionally, taking product sample for quality control testing.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.