We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Fueled by a passion for color and entrepreneurial spirit, Colors & Effects holds a leading position in the pigments market. The strategic focus on pigments will strengthen as Colors & Effects plans to integrate into the Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group in 2020. Colors & Effects fully concentrates on the pigments business and its customers to achieve its goals of growth and cash generation. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, Colors & Effects experts offer consultative solutions. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects. For more information about Colors & Effects, visit www.colors-effects.basf.com.
· This role is to arrange and ensure safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are fulfilled (carried out) correctly within his/her country of responsibilities covering transport,warehouse, import/export, customs & foreign trade management.
· To steer and provide guidance to ensure service providers meet up the requirements of their contract with BCE through regular review of performance against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements within the country.
· Ensure operational alignment of BCE S&OP and service provider’s work instructions in compliant with regulatory requirements, adherence to company and country statutory requirements.
· Responsible for preferential management which include actively assess and review the new/revised bilateral trade agreement to ensure imports and exports out from the countries can enjoy special duty tariff or tariff exemption.
· Ensure Customs regulations for import/export out from the countries are well understand by all stakeholders such as global planners located in different countries, order to cash global community and global procurements community.
· Ensure all customs brokers complied with the regulations, resolve customs & tax queries and any other issues within Customs Brokerage management.
· Responsible for issues and incidents raised by local authorities such as Customs, Environmental Health and Safety authority in logistics operations topics.
· As country responsible person in logistics operations associated to inbound/outbound delivery activities.
· This role needs to actively participate in logistics service procurement activities lead by Regional Logistics.
· Management in securing new service rates, contract renewal or service review.
· Logistics Executive to roll out implementation of contract after tendering.
· To provide guidance and work closely with service providers to ensure alignment of BCE S&OP (order handling& operations) when providing logistics solution for business enablement.
· Ensure service providers of different service areas have the alignment and able to integrate cross functions services owners from cross regions such as Global Replenishment Manager, Global Product Managers, Order to
· Cash community for end to end delivery arrangement.
· Under the guidance of Regional Logistics Manager, set up internal control procedures to manage performance of respective service providers to ensure consistent, high quality service performance in accordance to contract
· To investigate and resolve any arising problems or complaints relating to distribution in/out of his/her respective country, address logistical barriers and recommend sustainable solutions by incorporating cross function service owners such as Global Replenishment Manager, Center of Excellent, Global Product Management, Sales Head of different countries and regions.
· Proactively review logistics handling to ensure compliance and to seek for opportunity to achieve simplification and improve logistics operations efficiency within his/her responsibilities that brings positive impact to the company.
· Manage service provider freight invoice verification process and ensure timely settlement in compliance and accurate manner.
· To optimize logistics cost and efficiency by reviewing and recommending improvements to existing processes and procedures (continuous improvement process) from system as well as operations handling.
· Set up and aligned with Global Replenishment Managers across different regions through overseeing proper inventory disposal handling by service providers in accordance to BCE policy and national regulation within his/her areas of responsibilities. Minimize unnecessary disposal by providing options to salvage the goods through re-pack, re-distribute to other countries
· To actively monitor and upcoming, revision of bi-lateral agreements between countries and assess the eligibilities of BCE materials to enjoy the special or zero duty tariff to enable business development and remain cost competitive in his/her capability in preferential management by working closely with Raw Material
· Procurement across countries/regions, Global Replenishment Managers across countries/regions, Product
· Manager across countries/regions, Order to Cash community across countries and controlling colleagues.
· Responsible for customs brokerage governance for in/outbound delivery of his/her country of responsibilities.
· Ensure Customs regulations are well understood by all service providers, suppliers across the regions and Order to Cash Community follow the requirements.
· Support regional logistics management in mapping and coordinating requirements for tapping Free Trade.
· Agreement (FTA’s) for BCE in/outbound deliveries in the process flow design and the shipping operations management to ensure benefits are not sacrifices due to wrong shipping routes.
· Maintained and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements and to pursue continuous improvement projects and cost reduction, introducing lean logistics processes and optimizing logistics networks in/out of the respective countries/regions.
· Support Regional Logistics Management with logistics service procurement activities, responsible for operational implementation by integrating the awarded service provider into the order to cash process, purchase to pay process, site logistics and system alignment with the production operations team.
· Ensure awarded service providers are equipped with necessary system access and training to perform transport management, import and export documentation handling.
· Be the escalation point to cross functions service owner for issues and resolves issue arises with respective service providers.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects or initiatives.
· Education: minimum Degree holder in Logistics, Supply Chain or transportation, import & export operations and Customs &Froe.
· Working Experience: at least 10 years of relevant logistics experience involving Customs & Foreign Trade, deliveries, order management and import/export operations.
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: Knowledge of supply chain processes is required, with in-depth understanding of the detailed processes and procedures of different order types related to the fulfillment of customers' orders.
· SAP Transport Management module, order to cash SAP module, SAP warehouse knowledge.
· This position requires high level of administrative, organization and co-ordination skills in overall logistics management.