At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Colleagues, guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Security Officer, your attentiveness, efficiency and commitment will ensure your hotel remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Ensure the overall safety and security of the hotel guests, Colleagues and hotel premises
· Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, accident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
· Ensure that any violations to law or hotel policy is investigated and reported
· Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
· Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
· Report and investigate occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
· Conduct regular floor patrols, cash counts and crowd control
· Conduct departmental key control audits and maintain key control records
· Maintain computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
· Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
· Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
· Follow all safety policies
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous experience in a Security role required
· Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
· Certification in CPR First Aid required
· University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
· Must possess a professional presentation
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
· Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
· Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
· Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V