During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
In this position, you will support software build and Quality Assurance (QA) for the NX Nastran application. Your focus will be on ensuring fast and dependable builds, along with the associated QA testing to ensure Nastran continues to produce correct answers to difficult engineering problems.
In this role, you will maintain and improve existing build and test infrastructure. You will leverage your past experience in automated build and testing suites to bring a broader software engineering industry perspective to the Development Operations group.
You will :
- Ensure the efficient operation of Nastran builds and testing across several configurations and OSes
- Work with development engineers to correct build errors
- Maintain and support source code repository
- Perform repository branching and merging
- Work with development teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiate the build and packaging process
- Perform iterative builds, releases and environment setups and validations
- Consult on and implement improvements to the build and testing software infrastructure
- Consult with development team on improvements to developer tools, and implement said improvements
- Use and suggest improvements to both internal and external tools used in the software development process
- Build, compile, and test a complex application on both Windows and Linux platforms. The application is written in several languages, including Fortran, C, and C++
- Use and improve automated systems for software build and test, including bespoke scripts written in Perl and Python.
- Use a task-based job runner (Celery/RabbitMQ).
- Help design and implement new build, test, and system status dashboards
- Provide guidance and undertake efforts to simplify and improve reliability
- Maintain multiple configurations of code across different releases
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another technical program
- Strong practical experience with scripting programming languages (python, perl, shell scripting, php)
- Strong knowledge and experience with version control, and branching models
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Building and compiling applications is exciting for you!
- You are eager to work with Agile software development methodologies
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Samtech SA
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time