· Poole, United Kingdom
Bid Coordinator (12 months FTC)
Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops and manufactures software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety and improve traffic flows. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected and electrical vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles and Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI). Many signature customers across the UK and US like Transport for London andNew York City believe in us. While ITS prides itself in being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere. Come join us, if this is what you are looking for.
As Tendering Manager for Siemens Mobility Limited ITS you will be responsible for the bid management of a variety of tenders, quotations and offers. The role reports directly to the Senior Tendering Manager and will support the product sales managers, regional sales managers and business development within the UK. The role will involve an element of occasional travel within the UK.
The Bids to be managed will range from basic offers for standard products as detailed in pricing workbooks to larger and complex system-type tenders which may require working with subcontractors and/or partners, both within Siemens and externally from within the UK. The Tendering Manager will deal with tenders in respect of any of the systems and EVI products currently offered by Siemens, but it may also be necessary to manage tenders involving third party products and/or new products and developments. There will be extensive interfaces with various other functions within the organisation within the UK depending on tender requirements. The Tendering Manager – UK would be responsible for small to medium sized bids and would occasionally manage larger and more complex bids with support from the Senior Tendering Managers.
What are my responsibilities?
· Manage quotations and tenders so they meet a high standard of quality and satisfy all formal customer requirements, internal approvals and the customers' specified deadlines.
· Follow the tendering process during the preparation of tenders and quotations from launch to submission as required by customer and corporate guidelines. Amongst various other activities this includes the allocation of responsibilities, liaison with internal and external parties, organisation and chairing of meetings, presentation of the bids, escalation of issues, general management of the bid team with regards to requirements and timescales, collation of costs and review of documents, calculation of pricing and ensuring timely submission to the customer.
· Manage the internal sign-off and approval process up to HQ board level as and when required.
· Responsibility for some activities following tender submission, e.g. for lessons learnt activities, clarification questions, order booking or project handovers following contract award.
· Contribute towards bid library containing boilerplate words.
· Contribute to the provision of monthly statistics.
· Complete other reasonable tasks relating to bid management which may require input from time to time.
· Occasional travel within the UK may be required.
What skills and experience do I need to apply for the role?
· Confident in managing bid teams during the preparation of bids, and excellent communication and team working skills at all levels.
· Ability to work on own initiative to overcome challenges with tenders.
· Attention to detail with understanding for the importance of excellent quality and accuracy, thereby assisting in winning business, but also protecting margin.
· Highly organised and capable of working in a structured manner.
· Ability to prioritise workload and to work towards fixed customer deadlines.
· Confident in managing bid teams during a tender phase, and good communication and team working skills at all levels.
· Previous experience of working with and managing bids and tenders, ideally according to APMP standards.
· High standard of written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential for this role.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemensrecognisethat building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180492
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019