Position Overview/Department Description
The Genomic Medicine Unit (GMU) CMC group at Sanofi is dedicated to the establishment of best in class manufacturing platforms to support development of life-changing advanced cell and gene therapy products, including recombinant AAV vectors, lentiviral vectors and cell therapy products. This organization encompasses vector and cell line engineering, upstream and downstream process development, analytics, and clinical manufacturing support.
The cell culture process development group is responsible for viral vector production optimization and development of next generation production platforms to support high dose therapeutic products. The group is seeking a motivated Research Associate to join the team.
· Support the execution and data analysis for viral vector production process development experiments
· Work with risk group 2 infectious materials, follow safe lab procedures and maintain good laboratory practices (GLPs)
· Contribute to technical reports and protocols
· Support maintenance of facility infrastructure and management of assay reagent, control and standard inventories, as well as other support requirements
· Collaborate with team to identify areas for improved operational excellence
· Stay updated on new, relevant technologies and published literature to support innovation within the group
· Support new technology evaluations to increase product yield and process understanding
· Communicate effectively with teams
· Display sound technical judgement
· Perform weekend and holiday work to support on-going lab activities
· Bachelor’s degree in biological science or engineering discipline
· Knowledge and Understanding of cell culture and viral vector production systems
· Understanding of key test performance indicators, monitoring and trending of data
· Ability to stand and work with lab bench equipment
· Good organizational, record keeping, and communication skills
Preferred Qualifications :
· Experience with cell culture techniques with strong understanding of aseptic operations
· Motivated and self-directed with commitment to meet aggressive timelines
· Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work under moderate supervision and function within a collaborative/team-oriented environment
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.