The Medical Advisor ensures that medical trends, new technologies, drugs and medical devices as well as strategies in the field of diabetes, including developments in the pharmaceutical sector, will be independently monitored and evaluated. Close collaboration with relevant global and regional teams will occur, facilitating business-relevant medical and pharmaceutical information for the organization Roche Diabetes Care, as well as actively participate in ongoing development projects, new business areas, and supporting multidisciplinary international Roche teams with medical input.
· Compilation and maintenance of a profound collection of medical information in the field of diabetes mellitus with a special focus on digitalization of services and product solutions (e.g. literature screening and research) as well as the provision of this knowledge (e.g. answering requests, preparation of summaries, presentations, articles, training materials, trainings etc.)
· Medical and scientific support of business objectives, e.g. answering requests, contribution to multidisciplinary teams, strategic consulting of product development, writing and supporting scientific publications, conducting risk assessments, provision of clinical assessments
· Approval of internal documents and documents intended for external publication after conducting a medical review process.
· Design, implementation and support of clinical trials, e.g. by preparation of study protocols, installation of steering committees, medical trainings (incl. the provision of training materials), analysis plans and final reports in cooperation with the operational department for clinical trials/statistics
· Active communication and exchange with international key opinion leaders and other scientific experts e.g. within advisory boards
· Participation and contribution to scientific symposia and congresses after consultation with the respective manager, knowledge transfer to the company and support of corporate congress activities (e.g. booth duty)
Key skills and Experience:
· University degree in human medicine or equivalent qualification, preferably including a Ph. D./PharmD.
· Appropriate working experience including expertise in the field of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and laboratory diagnostics as well as experience with clinical trials.
· Working experience in the pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry, in the area of medical affairs, marketing or medical-scientific/clinical development.
· Very good knowledge of current pharmacotherapy in the field of diabetes.
· Experience in key opinion leader management in the field of diabetes.
· Business fluent English.
· Confident manner in a multicultural environment as well as enjoying team work.
· High level of social skills.
· Excellent communication, organizational and coordination skills.
· High level of willingness to travel.
· Affinity to the area of digitalization in healthcare.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
La société présente depuis 2004 deux sections parallèles, le secteur pharmaceutique et le secteur diagnostic. Numéro un mondial dans les médicaments contre le cancer ainsi qu'en virologie, le groupe dirigé par le Dr Severin Schwan se focalise essentiellement dans la « médecine individualisée ».
La société est présente commercialement dans 150 pays. Son siège se situe à Bâle en Suisse. Son chiffre d'affaires s'est élevé en 2016 à 50,576 milliards de francs suisses. La société a dépensé 9,915 milliards de francs suisses en recherche et développement. En 2016, l'entreprise compte 94 000 salariés environ