Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Financial Reporting and Consolidations team. The role will report directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting. The ideal candidate will be an individual with a great understanding of accounting principles, ERP systems, and month-end close processes. The Financial Reporting and Consolidations Accountant will support the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and will work closely with other team members to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
· Preparation and consolidation of monthly financial statements (including foreign currency remeasurement, translation, reconciliations, and allocations)
· Monitor intercompany activities and perform reconciliations of certain intercompany balances
· Work closely with the tax department to prepare and upload transfer pricing journal entries
· Coordination with international accounting teams in the preparation and audit of statutory financials
· Set up and monitoring of G/L accounts, account roll-ups, and reporting structure for compliance with GAAP for consistency and completeness
· Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial reports from Workday Financials.
· Work closely with IT to troubleshoot and resolve system issues as they arise
· Partner with IT on the implementation of system enhancements and reporting initiatives
· Preparation of fluctuation analyses and financial statements analytics, providing relevant explanations for fluctuations
· Conduct periodic training sessions for new users