Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of it original content: features, shorts, series, animation, comedy specials and nonfiction content. The Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team sets technical requirements and best practices, drives new industry standards, designs and commissions the studio’s technical infrastructure, provides direct support to Netflix Original Productions, and stays up-to-date with advancements in professional and consumer technology that can help evolve how creative work is done. Our engineers and specialists are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews working on our Netflix Original programming as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, workplace and development teams. As we scale to support the needs of diverse creative partners while continuing to foster industry-wide change, the Creative Infrastructure team is building state-of-the-art technical facilities to support both internal workflows and content production. We are looking for a subject matter expert in image exhibition systems and displays (projectors, monitors, television, LED) to help shape and execute a global and ambitious vision that advances the quality of the artist experience and its output. This is an opportunity to improve, evolve, or even reinvent, how creative and exhibition environments are designed, equipped and operated.
· Assist in the design of screening facilities (theatrical and “home”) for all Netflix offices production spaces worldwide, creating world-class, reference exhibition spaces.
· Design and support the maintenance and calibration program for these facilities.
· Engage and manage internal and external parties (integrators, contractors) through all phases of these projects from design, to construction and commissioning.
· Research and evaluate new professional, commercial and consumer display technology for production and exhibition.
· Engage with solutions manufacturers to advise on feature requirements and new product design.
· Stay current on emerging display technology and standards, and educate internal teams on their development and opportunities.
· Maintain close ties with other internal groups dealing with imaging and consumer devices, and participate in advancing their strategic goals.