A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
· Using defined knowledge solutions and own technical expertise in specific field of IT, solve user and technology tickets (incidents, requests, alerts) with high quality, good customer service and right the first time.
· Monitor ticket queues and handle dispatch to other support groups.
· Create new knowledge resolution solutions for undocumented issues and situations
· Support IT users through incoming calls, instant messaging, emails and self-service tool generated tickets.
· Resolve reported incidents/requests in a timely manner, meeting agreed operational and service SLAs, at the right level of quality and with high customer satisfaction.
· Keep IT users informed of the status of their case handling; use service-oriented, not only technology-oriented approach.
· Demonstrate developed customer focus skills and courtesy to the customer, especially for technically complex cases.
· Contribute to Service Desk Call Centre availability by handling multiple user contacts at the peak call centre hour.
· Work with other Mars IS teams to solve IT user tickets.
· Search for opportunities to improve operation/service delivery, recommend improvement and seek for approval to implement.
· Roles/Activities (depending on assignments, examples below):
- Main contact to review operations with local teams
- Responsible for Call Monitoring
- Working Shift organisation
· Project / Take-on Management:
- Provide sufficient support of global MSD transformation projects
- Manage or participate in global MSD take-on following global take-on process
· Contribute to high collaboration MIS Service Desk team.
Context and Scope
· Resolve reported incidents/requests in a timely manner.
· Ensure customers are always up to date with the status of their reported issues/requests. Keep customers informed of the status of their case handling; use service-oriented, not only technology-oriented approach.
· Work with other Mars Service Desk and Mars IS teams to manage and resolve incidents.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
· IT education would be preferred
· ITIL certification would be desirable
· Fluent in three languages from the list: Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin, English, Spanish, French, German, Cantonese.
· Experience working in a team delivering IT operations/service.
· 1-2 years’ experience working in a contact centre
· Good understanding and motivation of IT technology and IT support processes.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills, including good conflict management and an ability to work well with people from different backgrounds in a global organisation.
· Strong English language skills both verbal and written.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Technician, Service Desk, Call Center, Technology, Customer Service