Description de l'offre
ABOUT THE BRAND
At Aloft Hotels we're wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they're not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We're looking for innovative self-expressers who aren't afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
ABOUT THE ROPERTY
Scheduled to open in fall 2018, Aloft Madrid Gran Via, will be ideally located on Calle de Jacometrezo - just off Calle Gran Via - in the heart of the city's bustling and historic centre. The hotel will be housed in a former office building that will be completely reimagined to deliver urban-influenced design and an energetic guest experience. Offering 135 guest rooms with ultra-comfortable plush platform beds, large walk-in showers and complimentary Bliss® amenities, guests can expect the brand's signature Re:mixSM lounge and WXYZ® bar, as well as a rooftop bar and outdoor terrace offering city
The Roof Top Manager will be responsible for creating an environment which is bold, open and vibrant bringing travelers and locals together on the Madrilenian bar scene in one of the trendiest locations and amazing views of the historic part of Madrid.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and will have the mission of positioning the WXYZ bar as one of the most exciting bars in the vicinity of Gran Via, the “Madrilenian Braodway”.
As the leader of the venue you will be responsible to ensure that guests and talents satisfaction is at the center of the purpose, maintaining the required standards, achieving the financial goals and reaching all internal KPIs of the venue.
Education and Experience
· 2 years' experience as leader of food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration
· Worked for a lifestyle brand
· Knowledgeable of the Madrid Market
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Manages all day-to-day operations to ensure that proactive and efficient service is performed by the team.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage service operations.
· Creates and fosters a cool environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for service.
· Responds quickly and proactively to Talents concerns.
· Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
· Sets clear expectations with the talents and team leaders ensuring that appropriate recognition are given if expectations are exceeded.
· Set performance standards to the team and monitor the performance.
Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides cool and authentic customer service in line with the Aloft brand.
· Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
· Ensures that all talents, leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
· Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
· Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved.
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and expectations.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors representing the core values of the brand.
· Bring the passion points of the brand alive in every interaction with guests and talents.
· Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plan and actions for the venue.
· Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
· Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives and drive future decisions.
· Develops and works with Finance team and General Manager to create and execute the proposed budget.
· Maintains knowledge of bar inventory to ensure full stocked of items are acquired and coordinate with purchasing team proper stock takes through purchasing systems (Birchstreet)
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and mixing procedures to achieve set targets of beverage cost.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of standard policies and procedures regarding cash handling, credit cards, city ledger and guest ledger.
· Full knowledge of alcohol/ liquor, music, etc. policies and regulations and complies fully with them.
· Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
· Promotes both Fair Treatment and Open-Door policies.
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs to improve talent performance and career progression.
· Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
· Follow HR policies and procedures according to company standards.
· Attends meetings and trainings required.
· Control vacations process for the talents.
· Ensure that team receives training on a timely manner
· Activate the brand on venue spaces and serve as a brand ambassador.
· Use the brand voice in all guests and talent interactions.
· Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
· Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
· Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
· Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities.
· Monitors competing bars/restaurants to stay up-to-date of competition and trends.
· Fully understands the hotel's fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
· Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
· Develops and implements business plan for B&F venue.
· Support other B&F venues of the hotel and ensure proper coordination is taking in consideration of efficiencies and synergies benefits the overall hotel operation.
· Liaise with local promotors, DJ's, live bands to activate the Roof Top.
· Create the necessary programming according to the Aloft targets and work with brand team to support brand initiatives.
· Manage social media platforms for the venue, responding to guest comments, posting and creating content to position the Venue as a hot spot in Madrid.
· Find the right partners to collaborate and activate the space.
· Work with the Marketing team to create annual marketing plan to execute events on time and on brand.
· Coordinate and collaborate with the sales team to promote the space to achieve the maximum financial performance.
· Closely work with the purchasing department to enhance the guest experience with new and trendy food, beverage and miscellaneous items that could surprise and energize the guest experience.
· Maintains an eye for detail on the overall experience ensuring that lighting, music, decoration, etc. is according to the standards and the desired ambience scene.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.