Description de l'offre
· Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
· Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups.
· Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and makes or recommend adjustments according to the above items.
· Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups
· Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary
· Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
· Provide support to the Sales Department responding/attending group & Wedding requests.
· Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions
· Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
· Maintain constant communication with the Events Team as it applies to the client at hand.
· Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
· Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel to ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
· Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas on all banquet levels.Coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure the highest level of product delivery.
Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable. Read and analyze banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Follow up on special banquet event arrangements to ensure compliance.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.