The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York's Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Ideal candidate profile
Assists with supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction. Assists with achieving the operating budget.
Assisting in Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
Ensures brand standards are complied with.
Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Strives to improve service performance.
Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
· Spa Service - Knowledge of salon and spa products and services (including hair, makeup, nail, massage, skincare, and body treatments).
· Spa/Salon Services and Equipment - Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools and procedures for skincare, hair care, manicure and pedicure, massage, and disinfection.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
· Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Language skills.
· English – high level both written and spoken.
· Spanish – high level both written and spoken.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.