At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We're looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Ideal candidate profile
Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
• Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
• Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest's satisfaction.
• Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.