EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
To create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures. Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved. Coordinate tasks and work with other departments.
Assist with inputting prices, menu changes and user changes in the point of sale (POS) system. Input receipt of all food, beverage and non-food products into the inventory and into the recipe part of the purchasing system. Investigate all measurement unit issues and noticeable price variances as required. Assist in the calculation of potential cost of sale ratios. Maintain master cost files and recipes.
· Assist the Assistant Controller in the monthly general ledger reconciliations.
· Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
· Prepare monthly for review of the Assistant DOF.
· Complete month end closing procedures for Revenue Journal accounting module and import month end revenue journal into the general ledger.
· File daily paperwork in an orderly and structured manner.
· Report to the Assistant DOF on a timely basis any non-compliance with Marriott International hotel financial policies.
· Assisting the office with general day to day guest & internal queries.
· Preparation of Flash Cost reports
· Conduct the Inventory spot checks in the stores & outlets
· Monthly inventory verification for Food, Beverage & Engineering stores.
· Preparation of monthly Cost Controller's Report with Outlet wise P&L reports.
· Prepare price variance report & submit to DOF any variations.
· Participating in 15 minute training sessions, departmental meetings and any other selected committees.
· Perform any other duty requested or assigned by DOF or Assistant DOF.
· Make recommendations to improve, enhance, or streamline work processes
· Make recommendations to improve or enhance existing Local Standard Operating Procedures
· Train new employees and managers (when necessary) on the hotels policies and procedures.
· Assist fellow employees at times when help is required or when work level is low.
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress/uniforms, and hygiene.
· Communicate with all departmental managers and employees in a professional and supportive manner.
· Maintain a flexible approach and attitude to work and work hours.
· Participate in any relevant training courses offered or that are mandatory.
· Cross train in other accounting functions and provide cover in other positions during times of absence.
· Always strive to improve “job” knowledge.
· Keep work areas clean and tidy at all times.
· Deal with client queries both written and by telephone in a professional, timely and prompt manner.
· Ensure guest satisfaction by performing such duties as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently, and accepting changes or additions in work hours that are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests and patrons.
· Advise the Assistant DOF or DOF of any recurring difficulties and of discrepancies and investigate those differences.
· Assisting Assistant DOF with any such necessary month-end processes.
· Lead the hotel effort with internal controls and CSAT Audit process. Ensure supporting evidence is provided with audit to support checks, and detailed action plans produced for weaknesses where necessary.
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant DOF or DOF.
If you have passion for finance, more than 2 years' experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel, you are used to and enjoy working in a dynamic fast pace environment, you love the luxury lifestyle sector, you pursue excellence, you are a results oriented individual, you like to be surrounded by authenticity and sophistication and you are enthusiastic about developing an extraordinary department, this job has been created for you!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.