Liebherr in the USA
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr- Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Mechanical Engineer researches, develops, designs and tests mechanical components and systems for use in mining equipment.
· Specifies mechanical system, and/or engine system components, or directs modification of truck components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
· Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
· Develops and oversees installation, testing, and maintenance procedures to ensure that mechanical system, and /or engine system components are installed and functioning according to specifications.
· Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, blueprints, technical drawings, hydraulic schematics, pressure traces, and computer-generated reports.
· Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
· Assists Design Drafters in developing the mechanical design of products using drafting tools or Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
· Works with suppliers to obtain component information and establish component specifications.
· Specifies type and size of equipment such as bearings, gear drives, engines, radiators, and air/hydraulic/fuel piping.
· The ideal candidate has a Bachelors degree (BSME/MET) with 5-10 years mechanical engineering experiece or equivalent combination of education and experience and can apply the following KSAs in the performance of the essential job duties:
· Component identification
· Machine design principles - bearings, gears, shafts, pinned joints, fans, pump, etc...
· General understanding of hydraulic schematics
· General understanding of electrical schematics
· Fabrication and weld design
· And is highly skilled with:
· Creo (Pro-E)
· Creo Simulate (Pro-E Mechanica)
· AutoCAD (desired but not a requirement)
· Additional Requirements:
· Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites
· Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license and passport
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.