Our Dallas branch is in search for a freight forwarding professional to add to their growing warehouse associate team.
The Warehouse Associate performs various warehouse activities to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center such as receiving, sorting, picking, packing, and shipping orders.
•Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers.
•Verify and receive materials into inventory.
•Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit.
•May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
•Duties may include receiving, checking and storing
•May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
•Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse.
•Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice.
•Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution.
•Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
•Check orders against pull sheets.
•“Dangerous Goods”: when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
•If/when applicable, ‘bonded’ cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment.
•Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times.
•Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required handling any hazardous material(s).
•May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
•Other special warehouse projects and functions / duties as required within the Houston warehouse operations to maintain Kuehne + Nagel’s customer service (Internal / External)
•Overtime and Weekends as needed
Your Skills and Experiences
• Ideal candidates will have had 2+ years prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
• Experience in a high value, high security environment is a plus
• Experience in a lean, continuous improvement environment is a plus
• Existing forklift training / experience / certification is a plus
• Speak and write good / fluent English
• Must be very reliable and dependable
• Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
• Must show strong commitment to working procedures
• Must have strong customer service orientation
• Must be able to work under pressure with fixed cut off times
• Ability to interact within a team environment
• Ability to efficiently solve problems
• Ability to be trained within a designated period to operate power operated MH equipment
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
• Ability to perform tasks through the Warehouse Management System
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to provide training to less experienced Material Handlers.
• Ability to drive power-operated equipment or ability to be trained within 30 days to drive designated MH equipment.
• Depending on position, must be flexible in terms of work hours (night, weekend, holidays)
• Proven basic math skills at the high school level
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-10-12T00:00:00.000Z