Currently IBM CIC Baltic is hiring Experienced Big Data Engineers. In this role you will work on designing and developing challenging solutions that automate various aspects of data acquisition, ingestion, storage, access and transformation of data.
· To be part of international projects based on your experience, career goals and personal aspirations.
· Dynamic work in projects for customers from Fortune 500 companies list.
· Premium, full life-cycle work experience on high-profile IT solutions with direct impact on people and businesses.
· Possibilities to apply the latest methodologies and technology in your daily work.
· Personalized professional growth, mentoring, training and clear career progression.
· Flexible work & life balance.
· Remote work opportunities.
· Travelling around the globe to meet different cultures and work environments.
· Compensation according to the market top rates.
· Private health insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0394) IBM Lietuva
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Education in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience in NoSQL, RDBMS Databases and Big Data technologies.
· Background that includes IT infrastructure, engineering, business intelligence and advanced analytics development.
· Experience building complex distributed batch and real-time systems.
· Agile mindset.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Programming – Python, Java, Spark, Scala or equivalent
· Unix experience
· Data Migration experience
· Data Modelling experience
· Impala and/or Hive experience
· Data Warehousing experience
Secondary Job Category
· Fluency in English
· Troubleshooting skills
· Good verbal and written communications skills
· Availability to travel
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.