GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
The Micrositing and loads engineer will perform wind studies and loads analysis for specific wind farms projects, will calculate and maximize the production of energy for each wind farm and determine the suitability of the site based on the loads evaluation. The engineer will be in direct contact with sales team and GE customers to optimize wind turbine proposals and provide the best customer solution.
This critical engineering role in the front end of the business helps us understand the operating environment for our turbines, assessing their production capability, mechanical loading, and proposing ways to add customer value.
In this role, you will:
· Support new units proposals by performing Wind Resource, Annual Energy Production, Turbine Layout Optimization, noise propagation assessments. Translate measured wind conditions to wind resource characterizations and generate input conditions to Mechanical Loads Assessments
· Develop solutions to increase customer value and enable digital wind farm optimization
· Perform Mechanical Loads Analysis for new units proposals by assessing site specific loads, perform detailed component specific loads calculations, defining derating and curtailment strategies, optimize turbine controllers to maximize production and life extension calculations
· Enhance GE’s digital wind strategy for speed, productivity and accuracy. Explore methods that utilize mesoscale models to enable improved assessments of past and future site production and extended turbine life
· Provide support to customers for technical inquiries and communications, as well as review of customer specifications and site data
· Network with other Micrositing and Loads engineers for best practice sharing. Work with other engineering and product development departments to optimize GE products
· Drive Process changes allowing the team to achieve "Fulfillment Excellence" thru on-time delivery with first time quality for all proposals
· Help in the development of new digital tools to simplify micrositing and loads assessments
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Atmospheric Science, or related) from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Related or similar professional work experience desirable but not excluding
· Strong proficiency in English, with multi-lingual capacity
· Ability and willingness to accept challenges outside of technical expertise / comfort zone
· Self-Motivated, Team player, with Demonstrated Creativity and Fulfillment
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Experience in wind resource assessment, site screening and feasibility or micrositing issues in the wind energy development process
· Experience with WAsP, WAsP Engineering, OpenWind (or equivalent wind flow modeling), mesoscale wind methods, Wind Turbine micro-siting, and wind farm design
· Experience in wind turbine loads analysis simulation software, Flex 5 would be a plus
· Programing skills: Python, matlab, etc
· Software development and automation / digitalization experience
· Experience providing technical support to sales, commercial and marketing functions
· Strong written, oral, & presentation skills
· Global experience with proven ability to work with international teams
· Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .