GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
In this role, the Product Service Engineer will be responsible to independently analyze and solve systematic wind turbine issues, in particular electrical and controls system related.
The Product Service Engineer will partner with the regional, global and functional teams to drive a culture of proactivity, quality and collaboration in Fleet Reliability Operations through tackling systemic issues early, developing tools that detect indications of unconformities and driving timeliness implementation of corrective actions to reduce cost of quality (COQ) and to improve fleet performance and availability.
· Lead and execute Root Cause Analysis for systemic technical and operational issues for both the ECO legacy as well as GE legacy fleet
· Provide technical support for major field issues and End of Warranty Reports by providing the resolution input for PAC cases
· Drive initiatives with cross-functional teams in Field Service, Repairs, Parts, Engineering and the Global Supply Chain (GSC) to reduce overall wind turbine lifecycle costs
· Establish a proactivity culture by developing digital tools that help to catch systemic issues early and enable automation for reoccurring requests to improve issue resolution cycle time that results in lower COQ
· Share lessons learned with the Engineering team to avoid reoccurring issues
· Create work instructions and troubleshooting guidelines to provide the Service teams the right tools to be more efficient
· Work with the Fleet Programs and Project & Services team on fleet programs and punch list work to optimize preparation, implementation and downtime costs
· Communicate teams’ progress to Business Leaders
· Drive a culture of Fastworks and digitalization
· Bachelor's Degree of applied science in electrical, mechanical controls or related Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Fluency in English language, both written and spoken
· Solid engineering experience in wind turbine electrical design. Proven ability to catch technical context quick and easy and proven ability to design simple and solid technical solutions
· Solid project management experience. Proven ability to run projects in an efficient and effective way during the entire project cycle
· Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision. Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
· Proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders to become supporters
- Ability and availability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to climb wind turbine towers of 100m or more
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Advanced degree in electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Clear understanding of the basic roles, functions, and products / services / repairs within GE Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
· Ability to communicate requirements and facilitate good practice-sharing in a motivating, engaging way
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Familiar with statistics and six sigma quality concepts.
· Committed to process improvement
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Certification or equivalent quality certification and/or a proven education or work history in statistical analysis of complex data and measurement systems
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Proven ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries
· Experience leading resolution of complex multifaceted problems
· Fluency in German/Spanish language, both written and spoken
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion business with an innovative spirit and entrepreneurial mindset, bringing together one of the broadest energy products and digital services portfolios in the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro and innovative technologies such as hybrid systems and concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy is working on new ways to power the world’s biggest economies and most remote communities.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .