Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY toidentify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) – EWTsupports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The Secure Access and Federation Engineer supports Information Technologies (IT) security and productivity pillars by securely enabling Single Sign On (SSO) technologies and access for both internal and external clients. The role provides complex design, development and implementation activities aligned to a number of technologies including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Conditional Access, Ping Identity’s PingFederate / PingAccess, Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), and Microsoft Azure Active Directory B2C. The role provides activities for secure, authenticated web access for all EY users thru the use of Azure, PingAccess/PingFederate and ADFS. The role provides planning and execution for all assigned engineered solutions originating from architecture, regulatory directives, Ping, Microsoft or other vendors. The role supports efforts to identify, remediate or prevent configuration “drift”. The position partners with peers and others across IS to identify and advance IAM lifecycle management. The role provides for the documentation of all actions and ensures that engineered solutions are made according to agreed upon Operating Level Agreements (OLA) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) as part of the Identity and Access Management Services (IAMS). The position is managed by the Team Lead for Secure Access and Federation Enablement (SAFE) in Secure Access Engineering in Identity & Access Management Services.
Your key responsibilities
· Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems.
· Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently.
· Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (Microsoft, Ping, etc) for escalation of service issues.
· Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
· Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
· Ability to rapidly absorb new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
· Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to business activities .
Skills and attributes for success
· Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage across multiple levels of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence. Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and stays calm under pressure or escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
· Projects solid consultative skills to conduct effective questioning, hone in on key directives to formulate ideas and materials as well as present those ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
· Maintains an advanced knowledge of services and applications with the assigned IAMS processes and operating environment to recognize and position improvement opportunities and next generation solutions achievable through engineering.
· Manifests analytical and problem solving ability to escalate and negotiate conflicting IAMS or IS engineering issues, handle multiple and shifting engineering priorities across a broad spectrum of operating environments and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
· Develops an in depth and continuous knowledge of EY’s business and the way IAMS and specifically the Secure Access Engineering teams adds to the effectiveness of the IAM processes. Identifies and positions appropriate services and solutions as part of both knowledge sharing and engineering services positioning.
· Maintains a continuous and proactive knowledge of aligned applications such as Azure, Ping Access/Federation, ADFS, Conditional Access, and Azure B2C software
· Maintains knowledge and expertise in Federation languages such as Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0, WS-Trust, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect
· Maintains knowledge and expertise in Azure Active Directory, Function and Logic Apps, Microsoft software, Windows 2008/2012, Red Hat Linux, Splunk, perimeter networks (DMZ), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), RSA SecureID, Venafi, and LDAP.
To qualify for the role you must have
· College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experiences aligned to Secure Web Access Authentication and Federated Identity or IAM engineering directive.
· Approximately 5 to 7 years of experience in an engineering role. Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex job responsibilities during the period inclusive of project management skills and engineering remediation techniques and planning.
. Ideally, you’ll also have
· Preferred Certification as a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
· Preferred Certification as a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
· Skill with Windows Scripting and PowerShell
What we look for
We are looking for people who are willing to see the need and fill the need. Responsive people, who are ready to learn, not afraid to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. We want someone who can work remotely with multiple teams in varying countries and time zones.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.