ENGIE's Controls Technician Level-1 main objective is to assist in activities concerned with installing equipment and functional testing and service of control components. These components include but are not limited to (DDC Controls, Sensors, VFD's, Conduit and Wire, Motor Starters, Valves and Actuators). The Controls Technician may also participate in investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties. Working with direct supervision, the associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor's advanced approval.
What you'll do:
Learn to install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair Controls and HVAC system equipment
Learn to test and calibrate electronic components for computer control.
Assist in performing functional testing on systems to insure system operability
Analyze, review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action
Assist in problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
Assist in all aspects of physical repairs, i.e. accessing equipment via ladders and roof hatches, complete disassembly and reassembly of large/heavy equipment utilizing hand and automatic tools, transferring said tools from vehicle to mechanical rooms and/or location of service.
· Maintain records of performance reports
· Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to travel with in the state of NM as needed. (50%-80% of the time)
· Must be able to work overtime as required.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Blueprints, and procedure manuals
· Ability to apply mathematical concepts as required in a construction setting
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
What you bring:
· High School Diploma
Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
· Two-year Associate Degree/Trade School or equivalent military experience
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
· Posting Date: Aug 11, 2020