ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 Ds - decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SMEs, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and tailor-made solutions.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
The mission of the Thermal Generation Segment is to increase the performance, availability, reliability and maintainability of our customer's thermal generation assets.
We can assemble a bundle of services to implement a tailored solution to a customer's specific need. Based on customer intimacy, we define, organize and package a combination of expertise fields into a strong and pragmatic value proposal for industrial use.
Our objectives are to be a reliable partner and to use our experience to maximize the value of our customers' assets and projects, and to help the thermal units in facing the challenges of the energy transition (revolution). We strive for long term relationships with our clients.
Engie Laborelec's independence enables us to choose the technologies and services that adequately balance technical requirements and commercial value for our clients.
To strengthen our team, ENGIE Laborelec is looking for a Business Developer Thermal Generation Europe .
· Within the European perimeter, be a driving force in identifying business opportunities on the Thermal Electricity production market. Primary focus will be on Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Denmark
· Characterize and clarify the specific market context for each selected country, and define which Laborelec expertise and experience can have a significant market potential (e.g. value of our expertise & products, local competition, local partners, grid requirements). Centralized Power Generation as well as Waste to Energy and Cogeneration plants will be within scope for business development.
· Liaise directly with our SCR Catalyst lab in Germany (Gelsenkirchen), to re-activate historical clients from our lab facility
· Be a technically credible point of contact for our clients, so that the raised issues and questions can be translated into a rigorous approach, and if required being capable of involving the right Laborelec expert to clarify the context and a (commercial) way forward. Being capable to convince a prospect about our track record, our expertise, and the specific value we can bring for them.
· Support and work closely with our experts, the technical team leads, and product managers in terms of offering and selling products and services. As business developer, active participation in developing the actual offer, where required.
· Manage your own customer portfolio so that you can meet your targets. Also, follow-up specific public tender platforms.
· Maximize your contacts with existing and prospective customers with a view to better assessing customers' needs and discovering fresh opportunities. Network.
· you have a Master degree in electro-mechanics or mechanics (i.e. engineer) with a proven experience in power generation
· you have a strong entrepreneurial profile and a strong motivation to develop new activities
· you are fluent in at least German and English, you have good communication skills and are not afraid to convince people,
· you are flexible and willing to travel on a regular base in Europe
· Experience in industrial project development (from technical specifications, suppliers negotiations, commissioning) can be a plus
· you feel at ease in onsite, detailed technical discussions as well as in high level meetings,
· you are autonomous in attitude and driven by achieving results
· you have a natural talent for developing and maintaining a network and long-term cooperation with customers, and internal and external partners.
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
· A competitive remuneration package;
· A wide range of training and development opportunities;
· An exciting career in a leading competence centre within the ENGIE group, the international energy player.
Your HR contact person : Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
· Posting Date: Oct 23, 2019