Our Business Development and Marketing team is looking for a Business Developer to strengthen their activities in the field of hydrogen, biogas and geothermal solutions in the UK.
Storengy UK operates the largest underground natural gas storage in the UK. The development strategy of Storengy in the UK focuses on two areas that build on its core competencies: renewable gas and underground heat.
Your responsibilities will include:
· For each of the growth areas targeted by Storengy in the UK and Ireland: Hydrogen, Biogas (including biomethane, bio-Compressed Natural Gas) and Shallow geothermal heating & cooling, define a strategy for market entry:
· Gather market intelligence and develop market analysis capability
· Identify opportunities in the value chain
· Identify and explore funding streams
· Coordinate with other development teams of ENGIE in the UK.
· Propose a strategy for market entry
Deliver the growth strategy of Storengy UK:
· Identify relevant tenders, public funding competitions and manage the bid process.
· Originate local projects in partnership with local stakeholders (Local Authorities, industry, farmers)
· Generate commercial interest in solutions provided by Storengy leading to the signature of new contracts.
· Assess potential acquisition targets and participate to Storengy M&A activities related to the UK or Irish markets
· Prepare for the longer term
· Develop an investment framework for longer term projects with a system approach (hydrogen, geothermal heat for district heating schemes…), potentially in collaboration with partners.
In order to achieve this, activities of the business developer will include:
· Desktop research on organisations and individuals
· Contact of potential customers and partners in order to set up meetings
· Bid preparations and bid submissions
· Support the business cases through the relevant Storengy and ENGIE decision gates
· Development of quotes and proposals to demonstrate the value of the offers
· Attendance to conferences and industry events
· Regular follow-up on leads and report on progress.
· Work in close collaboration with the Business Development Teams of Storengy in France and Germany.
Relevant Experience & Skills:
Excellent networking capabilities
Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and persuade
Ability to transform ideas into concrete commercial opportunities
Minimum 10 years' relevant experience
Experience of business plans modelling (MS Excel) and presentation at Board level (MS PowerPoint)
Working knowledge of UK public funding options for renewable energy
Openness to change, innovation mind-set
· Posting Date: Feb 4, 2020