Are you searching for an opportunity to make a difference and help create an amazing workplace? Are you excited to put into practice your storytelling, social media and communication skills to keep our employees engaged with Danone and up to date with relevant matters. Then apply now to join us as our new Internal Communications & Engagement Intern as of mid-September or early October 2020 at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
As our new Internal Communications & Engagement Intern you will join the Danone Place Amsterdam Site Team working out of our brand new office in Hoofddorp as well as working from home. This team is passionate about providing the support needed to encourage and boost the engagement of Danone’s employees in our company vision of One Planet One Health.
One of the team’s responsibilities is to activate a Communications & Engagement Plan that aims to facilitate a working environment:
· Where people feel comfortable, safe and energized
· Well informed on relevant matters
· Where important business, social and well-being programs are well activated
· Where people want to be and have a sense of belonging/ one Danone community
Your main tasks will be focused on supporting the different communication initiatives with as much impact as possible, leveraging different communication methods and channels. You will do this in close cooperation with the DPA site team, Engagement Manager, Comms stakeholders and HR business partners.
You will support your team by:
· Supporting in developing the best internal communication approaches
· Creating and designing engaging content that will be used to advertise internal matters
· Activating and animating global engagement initiatives (Danone Communities, One Person. One Voice. One Share program, volunteering month, etc.)
· Providing communications support to the DPA site team using multi-touch points communication tools (Including digital and design)
Additionally, you will be involved in generating reports and analyzing results from the global bi-annual Danone People Survey and provide additional support to the HR team.
We are searching for a candidate with an out-going personality and have strong written and spoken communication skills . You are not afraid to take initiative and speak up in order to bring forward your own ideas and suggestions. You thrive in a team setting but are also willing and able to work autonomously when necessary. You have a creative mindset and profound interest in creating engaging content , which you have developed through working with different social media tools and editing visuals and videos. You are able to meet deadlines and prioritise your workload through your organizational skills . Journalism experience is considered a plus.
In addition you must meet the following requirements:
· You are enrolled as a Bachelor/Master student in a relevant field Communications, Business, Public Relations, or HR studies for the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen then you must be enrolled at a Dutch university)
· You are fluent in English – written and verbal
· You are willing to relocate/travel to Hoofddorp, NL when the Covid-19 situation allows us to go back into the office
· You are available from mid-September or early-October a minimum of 6 months (preferably longer; 9-12 months) for 4-5 days a week. (Thesis combination possible)
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Want to discover more about Danone in the Benelux? Check it out here .
You will be the forth member of theDanone Place Amsterdam Site Team, a team with a diverse scope but with one purpose of creating the best employee experience. As the office is still very new, the team is also and the members bring diverse personalities and experiences to their mission. You will also be working very closely with members of the HR team, facilities and will network with stakeholders of different levels.
Proactivity , empowerment , and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
By joining this new team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly multinational environment where you will meet inspiring people every day! This team will involve you in many different projects and initiatives allowing you to continuously develop your skills. You will complete this internship with many functional and transferrable skills, such as presentation skills, project management and build on your story skills. You will be supported to grow in a dynamic environment that allows you the space to explore your creativity and encourages you to share your ideas and opinions.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “ apply now ” button – you have until the closing date 24 th August to apply. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website .
If you have any questions, please contact me: Sophie Thomas via firstname.lastname@example.org