Descripción de la oferta
The goal of the Amazon EU Core Technology team is to make all products in a given country available on all of Amazon's European websites, at the lowest possible cost, and in the language of the customer. We create services to store and ship products across the European landscape, providing the best product price and availability to our customers. We are looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end ownership of services that make tens of millions of retail decisions every minute, within a distributed technical environment. You will create the best European shopping experience possible, at the biggest scale ever.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
Amazon EU Core Technology is looking for a passionate, talented and super-smart software engineer. We're looking for someone who innovates, loves solving hard problems and never takes no for an answer. Our engineers are the best in the industry, who work hard, have fun and make history.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for candidates to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference and impact upon our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class websites and systems, working on exciting and challenging projects. Your solutions must be well designed, implemented, tested, deployed and supported. Your success will depend on your skills in understanding the big picture of Amazon's retail business and delivering incremental solutions contributing to the larger vision
· Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
· Architect large scale retail systems, involving multiple services and teams
· Participate in and lead code & design reviews for components, services and retail systems
· Code, test, and deploy services that are part of the EFN programs
· Identify opportunities to better the architecture of existing systems across the Retail landscapes
· Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
· Mentor your team on scalability, operational excellence, performance and practices, to continuously ensure we are as customer-oriented and as efficient as possible
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Ruby, C++, etc.
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!