Description de l'offre
The Amazon Business design team is seeking a highly-motivated Design Technologist to help define and advance products and experiences delivered as part of Amazon Business. You will be part of a team dedicated to proving, advancing and evolving UX concepts through a range of prototypes and hands-on product work.
We are focused on building solutions that enable B2B customers to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
You will work quickly, choosing the right technology and prototyping methodologies for the task at hand, to flesh out design concepts (interaction, visual and motion). Your work will be used to demonstrate and evaluate UX concepts and be a reference for engineering partners. You will be asked to cleverly hack your way around platform limitations, tinker with concepts, think creatively in code and deliver quickly, iteratively and collaboratively within a design studio environment.
Are you a maker, tinkerer or hacker who is passionate about ecommerce? Are you a digital craftsperson who loves bringing concepts to life through working code? Are you primed to make an impact on thousands of businesses? If so, you're someone we want to talk to.
· Build high-quality, functional prototypes that convey, prove, and advance the vision of future products and applications
· Collaborate with design leadership and key stakeholders from concept through shipping
· Work with designers, product managers, management, internal business partners and other subject matter experts
· Participate in the full lifecycle of product development; including ideation, design, development, implementation and validation
· Advance design thinking through your knowledge of platform capabilities and limitations as you support your design team and work with partner engineering teams
· Work quickly with minimal documentation and technical support
· 3-5+ years of experience as a front-end developer or web technologist role, preferably within a UI design team
· Deep understanding and fluent usage across a broad spectrum of technologies including:
- JSON/XML data
- Web and server programming (Node Express, Python, Apache)
- Responsive/Adaptive design
- Browser Debugging (e.g. Web Inspector, Firebug, WebDev Toolbar)
- Web development tools and frameworks (e.g. Node, Express jQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS, ReactJS)
· Experience and passion for developing visually polished, engaging and highly fluid user interfaces
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating expertise creating front-end solutions
· Strong creative and conceptual thinker
· Strong attention to detail and organization skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Great customer focus
· Unwavering commitment to quality
· Willingness to work with and advance internal authoring tools
· Understanding of broadcast/motion design, color theory, typography, composition and iconography a plus
· Strong understanding of interaction design and design process