Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving, and growing business unit within Amazon.com which provides cloud services. Since early 2006, AWS has provided a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. If you are interested in a career working in a high growth, fast paced and Customer focused work environment then AWS may be the right fit for you.
The AWS Global Supply Portfolio & Asset Management Team is looking for a talented, experienced Colocation Data Center (Colo) Analyst based in our Seattle corporate office campus. In this role, you will be a key member of the Global Supply Team and will be responsible for creating and maintaining all Colo Contract administration and payments functions to support the existing and expanding Data Center portfolio throughout the globe. The role will manage the lease/colo database in Sequentra (software platform), accurately process all rent obligations, review and process all operating expenses, and conduct operating expense audits. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of competence in performing a full range of colo administration functions in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
The person needs to be detailed oriented and a strong communicator that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Review of colo contract related documentation and abstraction of critical information including rent and other financial obligations, QC abstractions once complete
· Process and manage all day-to-day colo expenses including rent, taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous operating expenses (OPEX) with landlords, vendors, and third party suppliers including obtaining internal financial approvals and controlling cash disbursements
· Perform and analyze contract audits and reconciliations
· Monthly review, auditing and processing of colo monetary/rent obligations in line with internal Spend & Transaction Policies
· Management of the commercial lease administration software and implementation for colo
· Transmittal of colo contracts and related documents into a commercial software application
· Primary contact for colo providers on colo administration issues
· Primary contact for colo contract inquiries/issues for internal and external customers
· Establishing new vendors in internal and external systems: all processing of needed forms and ticketing
· Establishing and maintaining accurate banking information for all new and current rent obligations within internal and external systems
· Critical date tracking: Tracking of contract expirations, renewals, amendments, rent commencements and site go-live dates
· Experience with interpreting complex commercial contract language related to contractual obligations, SLAs, rent, tax, insurance and maintenance clauses
· BS/BA degree in Business, Legal, Finance, Economics, or Accounting or related equivalent experience
· · Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
· · 5 – 7 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, financial operations procurement, asset management, accounting, accounts payable and/or lease administration
· · Experience with Oracle and Oracle queries
· · Familiarity with current accounting standards (GAAP)
· · Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
· · Experience related to procurement of data center infrastructure goods and services
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· · 3+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, procurement, or finance
· Demonstrable experience managing procurement transactions successfully, including supplier communication, cost analysis, negotiations and contracting, and supplier performance management
· · Demonstrable experience successfully managing commercial relationships with vendors and knowledge of vendor management best practices
· · Demonstrable experience managing internal stakeholder relationships and working successfully across organizations to deliver results requiring collaboration and coordination with multiple teams
· · A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations