Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As a Technical Business Development Operations Manager with Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to help promote the growth and shape the future of the Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) Data Center infrastructure via strategic procurement activities. The ideal candidate will be possess the technical background that enables them to easily interact with members of the Business Development Team and play a critical role in shaping the strategic objectives of the team, driving ownership of key deliverables across multiple stakeholders organizations, working hand in hand with data center demand planners, finance teams, technical business development managers, technical project managers, operations and engineering teams. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. A successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. He/she must have a demonstrated exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to analyze root causes of inventory problems and provide permanent resolutions negotiate multi-million dollar contracts from a business and technical perspective to procure data center infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall Infrastructure strategy.
· Understand the infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· Work with org leadership to set strategic business development plans for target markets and ensure it's in line with the larger Infrastructure organization strategic direction.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals
· Drive and improve business operations, ensuring the organization is planning against the set strategy and vision, and enabling senior leadership to produce key operational deliverables while managing their business and teams.
· Identify, develop, and deploy mechanisms that establishes a rhythm of the business, support strategic and operational planning, and lead executive reporting on goals and key metrics to keep leadership informed and drive key business decisions. This includes streamlining operational processes, tactical calendaring, reporting and tracking.
· Own the onboarding of new hires to Amazon and Business Development Team culture, speeding up learning the organization and being productive in a new role. Maintain and oversee onboarding program, training, curriculum, scheduling, and outcomes.
Ideal candidate profile
· Technical degree required; MBA and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· 7+ years of infrastructure deployment/negotiation (Data Center / colocation), and partner/business development and/or program/product management experience in an infrastructure environment
· 3+ years' experience in process improvement and operational excellence