Since 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies, governments and other public sector organizations an improved way to use technology by providing highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible cloud services. AWS is growing rapidly around the world – including in Spain and Portugal – with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations to large government organizations.
As part of this growth, AWS has created a team focused on the Spanish and Portuguese government and public sector market. As a critical part of this team, this position is focused on building a broad use of cloud within the Spanish and Portuguese public sector by helping customers through the public procurement process. This includes:
1) Shaping and driving critical cloud business sales pursuits by both AWS and/or our partners;
2) Defining and executing strategy to build effective government cloud buying mechanisms (e.g.; tenders, frameworks, contracts etc.), with the aim to become a trusted advisory of customers and partners on cloud procurement best practices;
3) Qualifying cloud opportunities, from the prospect inception phase to the bid approval, both externally than internally, in line with the sales plans of the target countries (Spain and Portugal) and collaborating with an international team of professionals, including Proposal, Technical Writer, Solution Architect and Security & Compliance teams;
4) Educating the public sector, partners and internal AWS on the importance of efficient procurement approaches so that public sector organizations can fully benefit from cloud agility, innovation and cost savings.
The position is an integral part of the country team working directly with the country leader. Responsibilities include developing and leading procurement strategies, shaping and influencing opportunities well in-advance of tenders/procurement, and working with public sector customers, AWS partners and internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for building compelling value proposition and deliver it to prospective customers which include the central & local governments, state-owned companies, universities & other education organizations, non-profit organizations (NPO). Additionally, the role works closely with the AWS partner network which includes technology firms, advisory firms, system integrators, software vendors and resellers. As part of this role, you will help to educate and train public sector partners and internal AWS on the importance of efficient procurement approaches so that public sector organizations can fully benefit from cloud agility, innovation and cost savings.
As a key member of the AWS Iberia Public Sector team, you will work closely with the country leadership, public policy, sales, partners, proposals, and legal. You will also be in direct relationship with EMEA and global AWS stakeholders to share best practices and learn from international experience on cloud acquisition strategies for public sector organizations.
The role will be based in Spain or Portugal, preferably in our Madrid office.
Ideal candidate profile
· Significant understanding of public sector industry, public acquisition approaches and contract vehicles
· Excellent speaking and writing skills
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· University Degree