If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Purpose of the role
As a Developer Advocate you shouldbe passionate aboutconnecting with other developers, sharing their passion for technology and leveraging on their broad set of technical skills and experience to support other innovators to see their ideas succeed. You will produce best-in-class technical content and will help any third party developers building applications and businesses with Amadeus APIs along their entire journey.
The role includes building and nurturing our new developers ecosystem, by proactively engaging and building close relationships with developers, startups and other innovation partners.
1. Development and Technical Writing
- Test and use the new Amadeus Self-Service APIs. Be creative and build new prototypes, inspiring code samples, and demos.
- Provide recommendations to improve and evolve Amadeus Self-Service APIs, working closely with the API Development teams and the Product Managers. Support other coding activities for the Program (e.g. SDKs)
- Coordinate with API Developers and Product Managers to produce best-in-class and standardized API docs. Ensure all documentation is kept updated and synchronized.
- Produce other technical documentation to support Developers and show them how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies leveraging Amadeus technology, including but not limited to: Technical Guides, Quick Start Guides, FAQs, Helper libraries, etc.
2. APIs Advocacy
- Represent Amadeus For Developers externally and become Amadeus’ ambassador to the developer community. Support and lead the organization of workshops, meetups, hackathons, and other events targeting Developers. Prepare presentations in coordination with other team members and speak at external events.
- Represent Amadeus For Developers internally. Deliver presentations, speak at internal events, build relationships with multiple internal teams and stakeholders to raise awareness about the Program and share users feedback and learnings.
3. Developers Support
- Be the first point of contact for developers using Amadeus Self-Service APIs. Act as the point of escalation for developer issues and think of solutions to get the customer back on track and happy again.
- Reply to questions received though the online form, thereby providing training or aiding in resolution of issues.
- Follow up on issues posted on Stackoverflow and support the community with real developer advice.
- Generate support content for the portal, including but not limited to: video tutorials, use cases, blog posts. Support Product Managers to manage APIs Changelog and Release Notes.
- Provide face-to-face technical assistant to Developers at events, meetups, hackathons, etc.
4. Community Management
- Identify new opportunities and potential channels to engage with the developer community.
- Connect and join multiple local developer communities and attend external events for networking. Build relationships with influencers.
- Coordinate with Marketing Content Manager to manage social media channels (e.g. Twitter)
5. Voice of the Developer & Continuous Improvement
- Be the Voice of the Developer community, and influence our organizational culture by identifying and implementing strategies to listen and act on users’ feedback.
- Gather, track users’ feedback through multiple channels (face-to-face, social media, support channels, APIs analytics). Translate feedback into specific recommendations to drive the program strategy.
- Perform benchmark analysis and research about new technologies and trends. Generate strategically relevant insights from research and structured analysis. Continually bring worldwide best practices from focused industries to our organization, and share knowledge with other internal teams.
6. API Design and quality
- Participate to the design of new APIs: from the requirements to the presentation to the Amadeus API Review Board: The Developers Advocates will have to support the API designers, helping them to understand the needs, the scope and the constraints of every new API that will be developed. They will insure that the design is consistent with existing APIs, that it’s easy to use and to understand, and make sure that the design follows the Amadeus guidelines.
- Be an active member and reviewer of the Amadeus API Review Board: The Developers Advocates, as users’ representatives, will be part of the Amadeus API Review Board, ensuring that the API designs and documentation are following the good practices, that the users feedback are shared in the company and taken into account to improve the guidelines.
- Advocate internally to ensure that all new APIs are validated by the Amadeus Review Board.
- Share good practices and experience about API design and documentation: write articles, do presentations and coach API development teams.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience working with / consuming Web Services (REST)
- Advanced development skills with real life applicacion development experience
- Experience in technical writing demonstrated via blog posts or other written work
- 3-5 years of software engineering or development experience
- Comfortable with various languages (Java, Python, Node.js, C#, Swift) and tools (Swagger, Postman, GitHub, Travis)
- Considerable success as a Software Developer, Technical evangelist, CTO, Product Manager or consultant working with various technologies
- Active speaker engaged in the developer community and/or experience presenting at technology conferences, hackathons, webinars, etc. Previous evangelism activities preferred
- Technical versatility, with deep knowledge of different programming languages and technologies
- Outstanding Communication and networking skills
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with both external developers and internal resources with different profiles
- Marketing skills and business logic a plus
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.