Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Scientist in Human Centered Technology (d/f/m) to join our Central Research & Technology - Virtual Product Engineering department in Hamburg, Germany.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to conduct research projects which realize the technology needs for generation after next products.
Tasks & accountabilities
The principle responsibilities of the roles can be summarized as follows:
- To actively contribute to the research projects within their field and understand the value that they can deliver to future products and processes
- To identify opportunities for internal and external engagement based on developments within their field
- To support stakeholder engagement and effectively communicate project outcomes to ensure technology transfer and knowledge retention in their field
- To understand the impact of their activity within the scope of the Group Technology Roadmaps and develop their research community
- To ensure all research conducted and intellectual property generated is properly protected
The candidate should have a strong technical background in the field and be able to demonstrate a track record of experience within an academic or commercial environment. They would possess a good knowledge of the State of the Art in the relevant fields and understand how this can influence the technical needs for future product generations
Candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm and proactivity and have the ability to work as part of a complex and diverse team with the willingness and desire to build a strong personal network to support the team's ability to achieve objectives in the most efficient manner
With good communication skills, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to influence and transmit knowledge into the stakeholder community. They will have experience of ensuring research is conducted in a manner that is compliant with company procedures and that knowledge generated is protected.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- You have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Psychology, or similar
Ideally, you have experience in the following areas:
- Application of Human Factors within digital technologies
- Human-Machine interface technologies and their application in tech industry
- Cognitive Modelling and artificial intelligence
- Brain and behaviour research and cognitive science
This will be built on a solid knowledge of scientific methodology with the aim to develop new applications in aeronautical engineering, manufacturing and services.
You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work with other technical disciplines and a problem solving mind-set with the ability to assess and develop breakthrough technologies in this field.