Descripción de la oferta
Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
· on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as a Radar Signature Management Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TEATE-TL3 department.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks will be :
· To insure that the aircraft is able to operate safely and efficiently in harsh military environment from natural and electromagnetic up to ballistic, biological and nuclear threats.
· To insure that the Aircraft has the lowest probability to be detected, in visual, infra-red, acoustic and electromagnetic domains.
· To insure that the Aircraft if detected has the lowest probability of being impacted by the weapons. Manage all the aspect of the development for implementation of these performances.
· To analyse and identify characteristics, properties, behaviours (physical, functional) of proposed solutions. This includes also the capability to assess innovative technologies.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As part of the EMC Testing and Signature department, the required skills for the position are:
· PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering with focus on high frequency techniques
· Strong background in electromagnetism theory and physics. At least 3 to 5 years of Experience.
· Knowledge about integration at platform level (complete cycle: specification, validation, verification, certification/qualification) of components with electromagnetic requirements (sensors, antennas, radomes, radar absorbing materials and structures, etc.), a mutidisplicinary vision and system engineering knowledge are required
· Programing of tools/scripts in HPC environments: C++, Python, Fortran, MPI, GPU, OpenMp
· User of complex and advanced tools for electromagnetic simulation and modelling. CAD management, computational tools and postprocessing
· Working on the state-of-the-art of signature (mainly radar and infrared) modelling techniques, and the physics underneath
· Knowledge and researching on numerical methods for computational electromagnetics: applicability and limitations
· Knowledge of radar system engineering
· Radiofrequency measurements (RCS/Antennas/EMC). Signature measurement data processing algorithm design, such as ISAR
· Good Technical skills, familiar with R/T and R& projects
· Ability to work autonomously as well as being active part of a team
· Ability to overcome difficulties in the development of the projects
· Competences Required: D077: Signature and Stealth - D067: EMC&EMI - D090: Computing Systems Fundamentals - A/C22n: Microwave Signature reduction - A/C22o: IR Signature Reduction - A/C15e: Antennas
· High Level of English