Descripción de la oferta
Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a DevOps & Software Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe .
The successful applicant will join Engineering Department .
Tasks & accountabilities
We develop top notch, high fidelity Engineering and Training Simulations for a variety of aircrafts. Our flight simulators are operated by international customers around the globe. At the heart, flight simulators are multi host distributed systems operating in real-time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps engineer with a passion for automating development, testing and deployment processes.
It will be your task to:
- setup and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeplines for current and legacy simulation projects
- package and containerize complex real-time distributed applications
- assist the integration team
- create and perform unit tests of simulation components (C++ / Python)
- educate your fellow developers about CI/CD and the art of containerization
- occasionally develop / adapt simulation components (C++)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Experience in software design & testing
- Successful track record of working in a development or DevOps team on Linux and Windows systems
- Hands-on experience with Containers and Orchestration tools (Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience in procedural and object orientated programming (C++)
- Experience in unit, system testing and software integration
- Software Version Control Systems (Git & Subversion)
- Proactivity is key
- Capability to work independently
- Analytical structured thinking
- Very good English written and spoken
- Travel to Project integration sites or customer installations (mainly in Europe)