Airbus Defence and Space Tablada
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Procurement is looking for new colleagues!
We are a transnational organization with substantial footprints in all four founding countries and beyond; we are highly operational and directly impact the full spectrum of Defence and Space programmes including influence on nearly 80% of our revenues; we have an external reach with more than 10,000 active suppliers… Come join us to learn more!
Employing over 1200 professionals worldwide, TOP | Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics offers opportunities to expand on experiences and grow within a dynamic organization. The procurement team uses collective intelligence and maximizes synergies to continuously improve and deliver results.
Alongside the ongoing operational business that brings our people up close and personal with the DS products and suppliers, we are also expanding on initiatives to become a more digital and impactful organization. It's an exciting time to be part of Procurement!
A vacancy has arisen in the lines of our Commodity Managers within strategic procurement.
As a Commodity Manager, you are a vital part in the procurement and supply chain community. You are in charge of securing our supplier lines, to deliver value for money and to develop structured relationships with key suppliers. The main responsibility is to develop and execute a strategy for your commodity which includes supplier evaluation, supplier financial analysis, risk management, make or buy analyses, negotiations and long-term contract establishment with suppliers. You will develop a solid working knowledge of certain commodity trends including: cost drivers, global pricing, market and industry trends and material lead times to maintain availability of cost-effective supplies of materials, equipment and services.
Commodity management requires a strategic and robust plan to ensure that both value and risk are managed correctly, and innovation is encouraged. The role of a commodity manager is very complex and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of understanding markets, the supply chain and how the business works. You will work with Multifunctional Teams - MFT (with members from different functions like e.g. Engineering, Finance, Program, Quality etc.) to secure the successful management of your Commodity.
Your commodity will be Metallic Details Parts, as part of the Aerostructures and Materials procurement organization. You will work with an established worldwide supplier as well with local champions that need to be industrially supporting all the programs across Airbus Defence and Space.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Contributing to the definition, consolidation and development of the commodity strategy (market analysis, spend, key suppliers, cost drivers) in close cooperation with the key stakeholders members of the MFT (Multi-Functional Team) with strong focus on Metallic Detail Parts
· Maintaining a highly effective worldwide supply base in line with Commodity strategy
· Driving the tender and supplier selection process for the commodity products, including the generation of Selection Reports and the associated contracts;
· Negotiating agreements & contracts for commodity products, and continue with monitoring contract compliance, claim management and support to escalations from Supply Chain
· Lead and contribute to Procurement/ Value Creation projects & initiatives that aim at delivering synergies and savings
· Driving SED (Supplier Evaluation Development) and manage suppliers' relations for strategic matters.
· Working upstream with Design Office on new development projects as well as modifications to current ones by bringing the strategy, market and commodity knowledge/view in order to provide innovative, cost effective and secured solutions, ensuring early involvement into new programs development/bids.
· Identify and implement savings projects in all areas
· Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
· A least 3years of experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound skills and knowledge of:
o Project Management
· Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
· Experience of working in a matrix environment with proven record of successful stakeholder management
· Able to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
· Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
· English and Spanish at negotiation level
· Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
This position has a high visibility in Procurement and in the functions it is interfacing with (Program, Services and Engineering).
We are looking forward to your application.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Sales / Marketing / Procurement :Less than 3 years
Spanish :Negotiation level
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).