Airbus Defence and Space Getafe (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as a A/C V&V Engineer Cargo & Aerial Delivery Controls - Cockpit Systems has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TEAMO-TL4 department.
Your main role will be at a FIT-TAD level, focusing on the overall Aerial Delivery Function. Maintaining a high level view and coordinating at very high level all the Aerial Delivery supporting systems.
The main accountabilities of this position will be to:
· Understand the overall Aerial Delivery Function and to be able to communicate with the different systems of the aircraft.
· Request the system's support during functional testing at a/c0, GT and FT, as well as receive their testing evidences to including them with the functional evidences.
· -Analyze systems level test result in order to identify and define further test to complete the testing evidences at AC level.
· Write the functional level tests, execute them and write test result documentation, including certification evidences.
· Interact with other aerial delivery capabilities to provide support during their testing and certification.
· Analyze and debug possible issues encountered during the testing with the support of the system specialists.
Interaction with Pilots and Load Masters is a must and draw from their knowledge, experience and feedback to try to further improve the system.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.
· Experience in cockpit and avionics systems with flight test experience
· Knowledge in writing test descriptions and running tests for aerial delivery.
· Knowledge of cargo hold, cargo handling and navigation and display systems.
· Experience of overall aircraft integration and system view.
· English negotiation level
· Requirement management and V&V process
· SW development skills would be appreciated
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).