PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Risk and Compliance Officer will have primary responsibility for the overall maintenance of Edcon & Accenture compliance and incident management platform ensuring timely updates and reporting. They
will also be expected to work with leadership and management teams as well as front line staff to
promote the risk and compliance culture.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / TASKS:
• Responsible for reviewing compliance programs, reviewing company policies, and advising management on possible risks
• The Risk & Compliance Associate will use various investigation methodologies/systems/processes,
to ensure minimization of fraud losses and Client Data Protection breaches.
• Conduct independent investigation into all application and transactional documents internally
• Know and understand the Risk and Compliance processes as well as the principles and policies of credit risk.
• Submit suggestions to management on ways to refine and improve all existing processes.
• Coordinate Edcon's ongoing policy and development review
• Publish policy and compliance updates via email internally.
• Work closely with Learning & Development Team to organise professional learning on new policies and updates.
• Work with and assist the Risk & Compliance Lead in coordinating the company's risk
• management and review.
• Ensure the alignment of governance, risk and compliance frameworks within the company's overall strategic objectives.
• Facilitate /support the maintenance of compliance and risk registers
• Provide input on compliance risk issues
• Facilitate the identification of key compliance obligations, with the support of legal and other
• relevant resources, and translating those requirements into actionable policies and procedures
• Facilitate the appropriate maintenance of compliance records
• Deliver timely ad hoc and standard operational reports
• Identify drivers that positively/negatively affect the data
• Manage ad-hoc analysis and reporting requests
• Work with process Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from each functional team
• Assist in designing insightful report views (excel-based or tool-based or dashboards)
• Provide regular and ad-hoc results interpretation to Accenture management as requested
• Build and maintain customized Analysis Methodology Perform proactive analysis
• Utilize data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
• Analyze trends, data, notes, root cause analysis etc.
• Utilize tools to perform root cause analysis on factors impacting the business
• Work with other teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance results in accordance with contractual agreements between Accenture, vendors and clients
• Define business and functional requirements to support tools used by customers
• Support software release cycles for ongoing maintenance of tools used by customers
• Act as Analysis Methodology SME Act as a SME on statistical tools/techniques.
Ideal candidate profile
COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE:
• Reporting & Analytics
• Data Analytics and Interpretation
• Operational Excellence
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Operational Excellence
• Risk Management