Career Path: Client Delivery & Operations
Job Title: Cyber Security Services Engineer
Location: Metro DC
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Cyber Security Services aka “CSS” practice with extensive experience in the following:
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Can apply deep security skills to design, build and protect enterprise systems, applications, data, assets and people for Accenture and our clients
The Work (Role Responsibility)
· Act as Tier 1 level response, providing technical customer support with various security technologies and Log Collection Platforms for our global customer base.
· Assessing and triaging client requests via the phone, email or the managed security services client portal (service cases and live chat).
· Developing technical and procedural knowledge of all MSS services.
· Responding to technical security questions and concerns from customers.
· Performing troubleshooting of various technologies.
· Providing guidance and articulating technical security expertise to customers
· Documenting best practices and writing knowledgebase articles.
· Executing assigned projects.
· Adhering to established internal procedures and guidelines.
· Building MSS detections from closed and open source IOCs
· Maintain the Internal Threat Response Blog
· Performing investigations across the MSS customer set to identify advanced threats
· Writing and publishing Threat Landscape Updates to customers
· Performing the Monthly Threat Landscape Briefing to customers
· Responding to analysis requests for tuning of global signatures
· Applying signature logic to newly onboarded vendor signatures
· Supporting the development of new device collectors
Secondary Responsibilities Include
· Proactive incident trend analysis and false positive reduction
· Supporting the development of new SOC analytics
· Developing or updating analysis policies and procedures
· Developing and Maintaining inter-organizational intelligence sharing apparatus
Ideal candidate profile
Here's What You Need (Basic Qualifications)
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in an operational environment with client-facing responsibilities
· Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of the cyber security threat landscape which include detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
· Minimum of 2 years of IT security experience –ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
· Minimum of 2 years of experience Linux Red Hat
· Minimum of 2 years of experience and thorough understanding of how to identify malicious activity within a network
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in performing break fix analysis
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
Bonus Points If (Preferred Skills)
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Consistently high levels of teamwork and professionalism.
· Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing
· Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
· A solid foundation in Linux fundamentals.
· A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols
· Knowledge of identified operating system platforms; knowledge of routers, network protocols, scripting
· Security certifications: CISSP, security+, network+, Linux+ and CCNA
· Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)·A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
· Experience in user behavior analytics tools and investigation
· Experience in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Network Forensic tools
** Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting an Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.