Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst.
At Abbott Neuromodulation, we are passionate about our patients and business, and need finance team members who share that passion. The business unit is dynamic, so employees must be willing and able to work with some ambiguity as priorities, processes, and expectations change. This position requires a self-starter who is willing and able to work autonomously as needed. The employee is expected to establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments. Cross-functional dialogue across multiple sites and other Med Device business units is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information.
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances using system-generated detail and trend reports, as well as consultation with various function leaders and teams.
- Assist in the compilation of monthly and quarterly expenditure, capital, inventory and headcount projections.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and packages by gathering and analyzing information related to current performance.
- Assist with executive presentation development.
- Perform financial analysis, as directed by management, and recommend alternatives courses of action by utilizing appropriate financial tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, a related field, or equivalent
Typically a minimum of five plus years of progressively more responsible an alyst experience, within a manufacturing environment is a plus
A comprehensive knowledge of balance sheet transactions and their impacts on the income statement is also required
Requirements include an in-depth knowledge and experience of GAAP, financial reporting, and operational accounting issues
Requires comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills, the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees
Documented record of delivering information that adds value to management’s decision making process - Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks
Must be skilled in the use of financial modeling
An advanced credential, such as an MBA, CPA, CMA, or CPIM designation or equivalent is preferred
Experience in a high tech product-manufacturing environment is preferred
Strong experience with SAP ERP system software and Hyperion Planning/Essbase systems is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your contribution is essential to success
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
LOCATION:United States > Texas > Plano : 6901 Preston Road
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf