Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Electrician will perform routine switching procedures on metal enclosed switchgear involving voltages of 4160 to 13,200 volts a/c. Will have an understanding of North Chicago electrical distribution system, the major loads and their characteristics and how they are supported throughout the plant with duplicated networking. Will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature of the processes and the equipment connected to the electrical system. Applies his/her full knowledge of these systems in the performance of troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Conduct testing of conductor insulation, transformer coils, circuit breakers and related switchgear on a routine basis using testing equipment such as a turns ratio tester, megger, load tester and ultrasonic sensors.
- Must be able to follow proper procedures, both written and verbal.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), whether used for Distributive Control Systems (DCS) or emergency lighting, located throughout the plant.
- This includes testing, maintenance of back-up batteries, and preventive maintenance on electronic components.
- Must also be able to perform preventive maintenance testing on transformer mini-zones and back-up generator system.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of Soft Starts and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on these equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Process Controls/DCS or Infrared Thermography.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in any of these specialized fields in the work setting.
- Trouble shoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on motor control centers.
- Understand motor load characteristics and conduct diagnostic testing on motors both in the energized and de-energized state.
- Demonstrate understanding of Abbott Electrical Standards, NEC, and GMP requirements pertaining to the equipment in the assigned zone.
- Applies his/her full knowledge of these requirements in the conduct of his/her function.
- Must know basic CMMS(Computerized Maintenance Management System) functions and how to use various queries pertaining to maintenance activities such as ordering parts.
Accountability / Scope:
- Errors in judgment while working with more senior trades persons or failure to follow specific safety rules and procedures could result in serious injury to the trades person and others and/or cause significant equipment or property damage.
- Errors in not following written or verbal procedures could result in accidentally energizing or de-energizing electrical/ mechanical systems and/or equipment that could result in serious equipment damage, loss of product, serious bodily injury or death.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent.
- Five or more years related experience in a commercial or industrial work environment, which may include completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship program.
- Must be an Abbott-qualified Level 4 electrician.
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
DIVISION:GES Global Engineering Services
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP33 Floor-1
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Awkward/forceful/repetitive (arms above shoulder, bent wrists), Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf