Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The primary functions of this job include but are not limited to inspecting and receiving diagnostic products into various WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Put away of diagnostic products into a designated location.
- Perform picking; order assembly; packaging and labeling of diagnostic products for shipment to affiliates and end customers.
- Utilization of fork lifts and various other material handling equipment to unload/load trailers and move product throughout the warehouse.
- Warehouse working conditions vary from -20C freezer; 2C to 8C cooler and 15C to 30C. High bay area requires stocking and picking in equipment that reaches 40' in height.
The Shipping / Receiving Servicer is responsible for:
- Implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Operation of fork lifts; which includes unloading and loading of trailers.
- Inspect incoming product for damage and verify against the shipping manifest for accuracy.
- Utilization of multiple computer systems to accurately process receipts; put away; picks; replenishment.
- Elevate inventory discrepancies to inventory control or management for resolution.
- Effectively work with QA organizations to disposition incoming product.
- Packaging and labeling of customer orders which require heavy lifting and standing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School degree or GED. Incumbent must be able to perform basic math; read; understand and make decisions based upon written operating procedures.
- Must have good hand eye coordination and general math and reasoning skills.
- Basic computer knowledge for data input and making decisions related to inventory part, lot and quantity.
- Previous fork lift experience and the ability to meet Abbott requirements for obtaining fork lift certification.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with frequent changes to priorities.
- Past experience with warehouse management systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > North Chicago : K02 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Exposure to temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit/16 degrees Celsius or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit/28 degrees Celsius on a regular basis, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work at heights, e.g. ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, etc.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf