Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritional products.
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946
We are seeking a Quality Engineer who will be responsible for implementing the site calibration programme, the coordination of calibration activities and associated documentation.
- Build positive relationships and coordinated communications to site leadership team including presenting at monthly management reviews.
- Champion a culture of attention to detail while being accountable for incoming inspection of raw materials and liaising with vendors on quality issues/performance.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the site validation and calibration programmes.
- Set-up of new equipment and instruments within calibration programme.
- Through forward planning ensure conflicts are resolved
- Responsible for implementing the site calibration programmes
- You will ensure compliance with Abbott policies and procedures regarding the Environment, Health and Safety.
- Updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Working with the manufacturing departments to assist in maintaining quality in production.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
- You will display excellent communication / social skills.
- Hardworking and ambitious with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Third level Science / Engineering or Manufacturing qualification with two years experience.
- Two years in a Manufacturing / Science or Engineering environment
Abbott is an equal opportunities employer.