Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assisting the department manager in ensuring all global medical device reports are filed within regulatory time frames
- Represents Product Surveillance at cross-functional meetings as requested or in the absence of the department manager
- May lead a small team of direct reports.
- Provides training on complaint reporting to other groups
- Supports Product Surveillance Data Analyst by performing trending
- Supports complaint database upgrades, changes, conversions through design input, testing, maintenance functions
- Ensures complaint information on intranet sites is maintained
- Orders department supplies in accordance with budget
- Support inspections by regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA, TUV) as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Four-year degree, preferably in the healthcare or science fields; or 2-year degree and relevant experience supporting complaint handling investigations, medical device reporting, or product analysis.
- 2-3 yrs for Product Surveillance Experience
- Knowledge of global regulations for medical device reporting and complaint handling is a must. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- 1 plus years of experience with CAPA
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Massachusetts > Burlington : 168 Middlesex Turnpike
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf