More About Us
At Abbott we create quality health products as if they’re for our own families, with integrity in everything we do. We drive change through access to healthcare, community engagement, science education and shared impact.
Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946. Abbott serves the market in Ireland with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritional products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and financial support services in Dublin and Galway.
Whether we're developing diagnostic tests to ensure local patients can benefit from the latest treatments or creating cutting-edge products, we're at the forefront of science and innovation in everything we do.
As a Food Science Student you will….
- Assume full responsibility and contribute as a functional professional, which will give you hands on Experience while promoting your personal and professional growth.
- Receive mentoring.
- Work and network with professionals from all segments across the company.
- Receive induction Training.
- Have the chance to join different programs to help you build your network such as the Campus Ambassadors Program, Social Media Campaigns and local initiative among others.
We are currently sourcing Internship Applications across all our sites in Ireland and students. To support our diverse businesses assignments, as an Food Science Intern with Abbott Ireland could involve working in Solution Preparation, In-Process Testing, Product Formulation, Process Development, Documentation Review & Approval, Research and Development areas as well as general Laboratory work.
What are we looking for?
To apply for an Internship position, the following criteria need to be applicable:
- Available for a 12months placement from June 2021
- Pursuing a third level qualification in Bachelors of science degree in Nutrition and Food Science
- Candidates must be tracking to 2.1 Grade in their degree course.
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular achievement.
- A flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Flexible be based at our Cavan facility
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Saturday, 22 August 2020
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
LOCATION:Ireland > Cootehill : Dromore West
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable