Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This is a pipeline requisition to connect with talents for future opportunities within our Medical Devices manufacturing sites in Puerto Rico. Our sites are located in Arecibo, Barceloneta and Caguas.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD? How? Become a Facilities Technician (Electrician) at Abbott!
As a Facilities Technician (Electrician) you will assure that there is no business interruption to the manufacturing processes related to utilities/facility through the proper set up, maintenance and troubleshooting of facilities and utilities equipment. You will also have the opportunity to perform continues improvement activities related to utilities and overhead.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Provides installation, reparation and maintenance for the facilities electrical utilities.
- Contact suppliers and outside vendors to maintain a complete stock of spare parts for the equipment under the Facilities and Utilities scope.
- Establish and execute the right maintenance procedures and frequencies based on equipment manufacture's operation and maintenance manuals, recommendations and equipment reliability history.
- Report results to the appropriate piers and clients (inside/outside facilities) on a frequent basis.
- Administer the computerized system of preventive maintenance (IFOR EAM).
- Coordinate with outside contractors and vendor’s miscellaneous work related to the scope mentioned above.
- Must have experience and be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Ensure compliance with all procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
- Expert Electrician license required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or electronic industry.
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Computer skills in Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook INFOR EAM.
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
LOCATION:Puerto Rico > Arecibo : Santana Industrial Park Interior Lot A, Road #2, Km 67.5
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work in a clean room environment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf