Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Develops and implements training programs, education and tools to support Abbott Nutrition Consumer Sales Force.
- Provides clear and concise information to trainees that enables understanding of processes, procedures, policies and customer experience excellence.
- Heavy emphasis on analytical and programs training.
- Works closely with the Consumer Sales Force to define training curriculum by assessing and analyzing customer training and development needs.
- Remains aware of internal and external changes that may impact training requirements/needs by seeking out information that may change the processes and applications used by the Consumer Sales Force, and creating content to support these changing needs.
- Remains aware of trends and advances in training methodologies in business.
- Implements changes/improvements to training protocols and materials accordingly.
- Develops approach, scope and methodology of training materials to maximize impact and minimize training time by determining the target audience, time and location requirements and other applicable factors.
- Coordination of training activities making necessary logistical arrangements for resources and tools required.
- Delivers training as required to meet customer training and development needs.
- Monitors and update training requirements and records to ensure compliance.
- Works with the Management team to ensure that post-training results meet organizational targets and expectations by collecting and analyzing post-training data and implementing remedial training activities as necessary.
- Position is responsible for the development and utilization of training materials and programs utilized by the Consumer Sales Force.
- Participates in the development of employees by providing guidance and offering feedback.
- Participates and collaborates with project teams across functional boundaries.
- Interacts with vendors.
- Participates in goal and objective setting with management team.
- Exercises judgment in selecting suggestions for innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably related to General Business, Marketing, Finance or Sales.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a field-based sales/service/support role. Preferably in an analytic or account management role.
- Must understand basic learning principles and adult learning theories.
- Presentation creation and delivery and consultative skills necessary.
- Must understand Abbott retail products and customers.
- Has a demonstrated, proven track record for driving for results.
- Advanced skills in Nielsen, Cognos, MS Office- Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access is a plus.
- Experience preferred with one or more of the following technologies/data sources: PowerBI, IRI, Retailer specific Point of Sale data.
- Demonstrates ability in managing data and building insights related to both market trends and sales
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong business analysis and functional understanding, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and internally driven. Consistently delivers work that exceeds expectations
- Proven success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Solid understanding and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a sound knowledge of presentation, training and analysis software.
- Has experience and knowledge dealing with Retail Customers and customer experience concepts.