Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 103,000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices. At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realize your potential!
Abbott Weesp is an important Abbott Established Pharmaceuticals Division (EPD) site with modern production facilities and global EPD-departments. In advanced production facilities, qualified employees daily produce raw materials for medicines such as laxatives, hormones and the flu vaccine.
Currently, Abbott is searching for a:
Business Excellence Data Scientist
The Data Scientist Business Excellence will initiate and lead advanced analytics data projects related to process improvements. He/she shares responsibilities with the BEx team on continuous improvement target settings and execution. The BEx Data Scientist works closely with Operations to seek, initiate, develop and implement improvement opportunities and cost savings with the use of advanced analytics. The role covers advanced analytics, both hard skills (tools) and soft skills (people).
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Focuses on realizing business value by developing advanced predictive models that use (big) data.
- Is responsible for identification and implementation of advanced analytics opportunities. Collaborates with local subject matter experts and aligns with local and global stakeholders.
- Builds and supports maintenance of local data pipelines and data environments in the cloud, that transform data from multiple databases into formats that can used for modelling purposes (ETL). Enabling faster, better and more informed decision-making within the local business and help create business value out of data & analytics.
- Supports, coaches and develops the Data Engineer Business Excellence in his/her role.
- Spreads a culture of continuous improvement (specific focus on advanced analytics), supported with strong communication and a local training program reaching the entire target population with tailor made content.
- Provides training and mentoring to employees on all levels regarding advanced analytics and data awareness.
- Applies appropriate tools and methods (e.g. Advance Analytics, Power BI, Python, AWS (S3, Sagemaker, CodeCommit, Cloud9), Spark) for any given situation, and guarantees the correct use. Extend the standardized use of these tools and methods across the organization.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities based on data collection, internal benchmarking and by developing a strong internal network on site. Support the development and sharing of good practices within the EPD Operational Excellence Network.
- Keep current about developments within own domain of expertise and assess their potential use for the company
- Supports partners in the Divisional network on their advanced analytics projects in e.g. end to end value stream activities.
Minimum experience & knowledge
- Bachelors or Master degree, preferably an econometric, statistical or mathematical and / or technical background
- 2-5 years work experience as a Data Scientist (Big Data and Advanced Analytics)
- Advanced Analytics projects
- Experience in programming languages such as Python or R, and having an interest to develop programming languages to a higher level
- Experience with source code storage and distributed version-control systems such as Git/GitHub and AWS CodeCommit
- Experience and interest in Cloud platforms such as e.g., AWS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Packages and especially Power BI
- Team player – able to consider and work with other functional needs and concerns. Encourage open exchange of ideas and knowledge sharing.
- Drive for results with a strong conceptual and analytical mindset. Set vision and strategy by adopt a long term perspective and challenge the current way and methods of working.
- Able to get results through others by motivation, encouraging and coaching feedback. Adjusting and blending own objectives with departmental and site needs.
- Wide range of open interests with an open mindset. Able to see and understand different perspectives and have a good feel for people and situations.
- Takes the initiative and has strong self-confidence.
- Driver of change management.
What do we offer?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits (for example: holiday payment, 13th month salary) a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective.
How to apply?
If you are appealed by this vacancy, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known before July 17th, 2020 via the Career Portal in Workday. If you require additional information on the content of the job, please feel free to contact Olav van Geffen, Manager Business Excellence (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DIVISION:EPD Established Pharma
LOCATION:Netherlands > Weesp : WWA A-C-D
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable